Nut Loaf Recipe
The PBD (Plant-Based Diet) Nut Loaf has been a staple for years. We LOVE this recipe! It has very simple ingredients, it’s easy to make, and is filled with a powerhouse of nutrients including protein, fiber, folate, vitamins E, K, A, and copper. We usually serve it with a side of redskin potatoes and steamed spinach. It’s the perfect dish for a chilly night and makes great leftovers.
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen organic spinach or kale (feel free to get creative!)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh organic parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup ketchup (recommend choosing a HFCS-free, or even sugar-free variety)
- 3/4 cup bbq sauce (avoid HFCS and minimize sugar! We like Stubbs)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups nuts (try 1c raw almonds, 2/3 c raw cashews, 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (or Tamari)
- Saute the onions, garlic, oregano and parsley in the olive oil until onions are translucent.
- In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs, oats, soy sauce, ketchup, bbq sauce. Roughly chop half of the cashews. Mix in nuts.
- Add greens and onion to nut mix.
- Put everything in a lightly greased bread pan and bake for 30 min at 350 F.